Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Would I need permission from Dupont and all those other sponsors to paint my car like Jeff Gordon's 24 car?

Just wondering in case I get the money to trick out my car like I want to.Would I need permission from Dupont and all those other sponsors to paint my car like Jeff Gordon's 24 car?
NO!! I have a black 2002 Monte Carlo decked out like Dale Sr.'s #3 Goodwrench!! Has the #3, the signature above both doors, Goodwrench on the rear quarter panels, and GM Goodwrench plus on the hood.Would I need permission from Dupont and all those other sponsors to paint my car like Jeff Gordon's 24 car?
Using a drivers base car scheme is no big deal. However, depending on the companies involved, using decals can cause a problem for you. That really depends on who wants to be a jacka**. Even using the Nascar contingencies can get you in a bind if you are not authorized. Some of the sponsors involved in Nascar have went so far as to attack the guys running websites (related to sim racing) when their sponsor (or their likeness) logos are on the site. Sorry to be the one to rain on your parade.
';technically'; you are violating copyright laws, with the logos





I don't know just how/what they do to enforce them tho


you aren't really stealing, or making money off of it,


but someone does own the rights to those logos?





Its depends how much they want to 'control them?';





Check with DuPont and the paint shop


they may know more





good luck
You can paint your car anyway you want, as long as you aren't impersonating a police officer. Speaking of police... if you paint your


car like Jeff Gordons race car, you better not draw attention to yourself by street racing. You may get a ticket very easy, and then you'll be ';marked';.
No, but it sounds like you may want to ask your father first if you're still into trashing cars. lol I have to admit that would be a bad @ss paint job. Flames on black without the number would be cool if I were still in high school.
They would probably say go ahead, It`s free advertisement for all those companies, in today`s economy why would they say anything but go for it.
you can paint your car however you want it
Nope and by the way there is a cobalt with the gordon paint job on it i know they came out in 2007
Only if it makes you money in some way..
No.
If you try to make money off of it, you might. Just guessing.
Nope
no
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! anybody but Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment