Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I want to purchase Dupont Laquer Paint for and old car where can I get it.?

O'Reilly Auto Parts are dupont paint distributors, but why do you want to go with laquer???? There are so much better paints available now than there was when laquer was popular.





Almost anything you paint over that laquer will not have any issues. I would look into basecoat/clearcoat type paint. much more colorfast and durable.





Just my opinionI want to purchase Dupont Laquer Paint for and old car where can I get it.?
lacquer paint is really out of favor these days as it isnt as good as todays paints. i think i may have also heard that it was deemed ecologically bad as another reason it is not sold today. but not to worry, todays paints can be mixed to look just like the shade your old car was painted inI want to purchase Dupont Laquer Paint for and old car where can I get it.?
at.any/goodautopaint.store
As for quality of the shine lacquer is probably still the best but it is hard to get because of EPA rules. I tried to get some at the automotive paint store where I live but the owner said that although he had it, it was sold only for old cars, probably cars that were originally painted with lacquer. If you have an automotive paint store in your area ask them. I wouldn't just limit myself to DuPont though. You want a good slow drying lacquer thinner too. I used to use R%26amp;M laquer with their PNT 88 or PNT 90 thinner with excellant results.

No comments:

Post a Comment